UPDATE: Current call is closed. We will open again when we finish reading through the over 200 submissions received.
SEEKING NOVEL-LENGTH WORKS FOR 2022-2023 publication.
We are seeking
- full-length works for our imprints, books in the genre of horror, sci fi, or detective fiction. We prefer books in a series, (BUT we will not consider books in a series that have had some of the series published by another publisher).
- literary fiction, if the literary fiction is fun, off-beat, unusual.
- collections of short stories if the short stories hit one of the genres mentioned above.
- collections of short stories if the short stories are literary fiction more along the lines of TC Boyle or Flannery O’Connor.
We are off-beat; we like off-beat.
Submitting your novel-length work to DPP is easy. Send us the following:
- One-page synopsis (up to 500 words) of the work being submitted.
- First 10-15 pages of the work being submitted; 12 pt New Times Roman, double-spaced.
Submit everything through our Duosuma page as a Word file or PDF.
Please allow up to six months for a response. We try our best to respond in a timely fashion, but response time can vary depending on the number of active submissions we are reviewing at any given time. You are also welcome to submit your work elsewhere when submitting to DPP, but kindly let us know if it finds a home.
Note that we are not interested in stories that feature torture of people or animals, stories that condone hatred and violence, racist works, spiritual tales, or erotica, nor are we seeking memoir, poetry, romance, children, YA. We are also very careful not to accept works that may be considered to be co-opting another’s experience. Please include diverse characters, but write from your background.
Please do not send books in a series if part of the series was published elsewhere. Please do not send us previously published submissions unless your submission is a collection of short stories and some of those have been published before.
There is never a fee for a full-length submission, nor are there any fees for publication. Light editing, careful, precise, editing, is provided to chosen works free of any charge as well, as is copyright, registration with the Library of Congress, and submission to selected awards.
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK THAT ALL AUTHORS WHO SUBMIT SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER. YOU MAY DO SO BELOW. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING INDIE PUBLISHERS AS WE SUPPORT YOU.
PLEASE ALSO LIKE US ON FACEBOOK.
CURRENT CALL: January 1, 2021-April 30, 2021