What if a session is cancelled by the facilitator?
In the unlikely event of a session cancellation, a make-up date will be added to the end of the schedule. If this date doesn’t work for you, we will do our best to help you get full value from the course if at all possible.
What if a workshop fails to meet the minimum number of enrollees?
Should a workshop fail to reach the minimum number of attendees, each registrant will be notified and given the opportunity to either 1. sign-up for another workshop or 2/ receive a full refund.
What is the expected meeting etiquette?
By registering for a DPP workshop, the registrant agrees to abide to the following:
- Have your web cam on. No one wants to engage with a black box.
- Dress appropriately for the screen.
- Try not interrupt others when they are speaking.
- Keep your microphone on mute when you are not actively speaking, especially if there is background noise at your location.
- Be respectful of your fellow attendees and your facilitator. We all come from differing experiences, skills, etc., so let’s not attach more or less value to these experiences.
- No politicking.
- No “you should” advice.
- Make sure that all work you present as your own IS your own. Do not take others’ ideas or stories.
- Remember that workshops are a sacred and private place. Keep the confidence of your fellows as they keep yours.
- Remember that facilitators, DPP employees, and workshop participants are all human and doing the best they can; let’s give each other grace whenever possible.
What are the technical requirements and skills needed for the workshops?
You will need a working computer that has internet access and a webcam. We are hardwired into the net for better connectivity, but wireless connections also work.
I lost internet, and my dog was sick, and my town was invaded by aliens from Mars. Can I have a make-up class?
The availability of a make-up class will depend on the number of enrollees in subsequent classes and is at the discretion of the facilitator For example, if you miss the last session of your creative writing workshop, but the next session is already full, then it would not be possible to have you join this class since it is at maximum capacity. However, we will do our best to help you get full value from the course, and we understand life can be more fluid than we would always like.
Dropping Class/Refund Policy
By enrolling an a DPP Workshop, you agree to the following terms regarding dropping class and refund requests.
- Written request to drop received 7 days before start of first class: Full refund granted.
- Written request to drop received 2-6 days before start of first class: 50% refund granted.
- Written request to drop received < 24 hours before start of first class: 25% refund granted.
- Written request to drop received after first class has started: No refund granted.
- If you need to change registration, we will do our best to move you to another class if you would prefer that to dropping.
- ALL drop/change requests must be sent via the DPP Contact Us form.
Editing services are bespoke. Please use our “request” quote form to pursue editing services, and then see your personalized quote, which will include terms and specifics.
We try to respond to students and editing clients within 24 hours of receiving an email, excepting Saturday noon (Pacific time) to Monday noon (Pacific time), on national US holidays and Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, and Thanksgiving weekend.