SUBMISSIONS FOR NOVEL-LENGTH MANUSCRIPTS, POETRY COLLECTIONS, AND NON-FICTION MEMOIR WORKS ARE ON HOLD WHILE WE PLAN OUT OUR 2021 CALENDAR. CHECK BACK IN A FEW MONTHS. MEANWHILE, TO SUBMIT A SHORT WORK TO OUR UPCOMING ANTHOLOGY, VISIT THIS PAGE FOR SPECIFICS.
Devil’s Party Press publishes original short fiction, memoir, poetry, and novel-length fiction.
Our editorial process is as follows:
- Devil’s Party Press celebrates the mature writer, so you must be at least forty to publish with us.
- We work directly with authors. We do liaison with publishing agents.
- We accept digital submissions only. Manuscripts must be submitted as Word (.doc or .docx) files, 12-point New Times Roman font, double-spaced.
- Short fiction, memoir, and poetry:
- We publish 2 anthologies per year and accept unsolicited short fiction, memoir, and poetry for these collections.
- We charge a nominal entry fee of $10 for authors submitting to our anthologies to help cover our administrative expenses. Published authors receive a copy of the anthology. We typically offer prizes for the top three submissions. We also promote our authors via the Devil’s Party Press website and our social media channels.
- For specific rules and guidelines, and to determine the type of submissions we are currently accepting, please see our SUBMISSIONS page.
- Our typical response time for short submissions is 1 to 2 weeks.
- Novel-length fiction:
- We publish 2 to 4 novel-length titles per year.
- Query by sending the first 30 manuscript pages (12-point New Times Roman, double spaced) to email@example.com.
- Our typical response time for novel-length submissions is 1 to 3 months.
- We do not charge reading or editing fees; authors incur no expenses through Devil’s Party Press.
- We promote our authors via the Devil’s Party Press website and across our social media channels.
- Author compensation is based on units sold; payments are sent to authors twice per year.
- Currently we are not accepting novel-length manuscript submissions.
- We do not accept submissions of erotica, children’s literature, religious material, stories of cruelty, or material that moralizes at the reader. Additionally, we are not interested in stories that fall into the realm of “torture porn” so if that’s your thing, please don’t bother. We expect that the majority of our readers will be over the age of 40 and, as such, suggest that your submission appeal to a mature reader rather than teens or young adults.
- Your work must be original, unpublished, and free from libelous material. You will be required to sign a release prior to publication.
- Submitted works should be publication-ready. This means you are submitting a final version of your work–not a rough draft, not a work in progress. Your work should be free of grammatical, spelling, and other errors of this type.